Why pay for proxies? We all know what they are. Fast and anonymous BUT insecure and slow. Well, here is a list of my GO TO free proxies, followed by how to make your own free proxy.
I don’t take any credit for these proxy lists…they are all managed by the respective companies
1. CyberGhost – Long list of free proxies HERE
2. Hide My Ass – They have a list of free proxies posted for anybody to use HERE
How to Make Free Proxy
I know of one proxy site that you can build for your friends or for yourself.
IT IS VERY EASY and is created using Google App Engine.
- Go to appengine.google.com and sign-in.
- Click “Create an Application”. Google will send a verification code via SMS to your mobile phone (or google voice #?). Confirm this and you are all set to start making apps.
- Pick an Application Identifier and it becomes the sub-domain* of your proxy server.
- Give your app a title
- Set the Authentication Option as “Open to all users”
- Create and upload the proxy server application to Google App Engine.
- Go to python.org, download and install Python. (Macs come preinstalled with this)
- Go to code.google.com, download the Google App Engine SDK for Python and follow the wizard to install the SDK on your computer. When the installation wizard has finished, click the “Run Launcher” button to open the App Engine Program.
- Go to Edit -> Preferences inside the Google App Engine Launcher program from the desktop
- Set the correct values for the Python Path, App Engine SDK and the Text Editor (set this is as WordPad or write.exe and not notepad.exe).
- Click File – > Add Existing Application under the Google App Launcher program and browse to the folder that contain the index.yaml and other files that you extracted in Step 5. Once the project is added to App Engine, select the project and click Edit to replace “YOUR_APP_ID” with your App ID. Save and close the file.
- Click Deploy, enter you Google account credentials and, within a minute or two, your online proxy server will be deployed and become ready for use
- The public URL (or web address) of your new proxy server will be your_app_id.appspot.com (replace your_app_id with your App Engine Identifier).
What is Next? Activate your Free Proxies – Set up a Free Proxy with Google
To change the main appearance of your website, edit the main.html file. Think about it…you can add code for Google Adsense and Google Analytics to monetize yourself….I don’t want to give away too many secrets here.
The proxy server is public on the web. If you want privacy, add authentication so only Google Users can access it.
When you change your HTMl files, make sure to upload the latest version to Google App Engine by clicking “Deploy”. Easy Hide IP!
Two obvious points:
- This proxy works with Flash videos (like YouTube and ABC News) though not with Hulu.
- This is a basic proxy server that won’t work with sites that require logins (like Gmail).
IF YOU WANT ACCESS TO PREMIUM SERVICES (HULU, NETFLIX, ETC)…Try these and just cancel after free trial is over